Spam filter

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 9 10:35:37 PDT 1999

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
You may be wondering what all the test messages are about.  I am attempting
to install spam filtering on the T10 Reflector.  The way it works is all
messages to the T10 reflector from people not on the reflector will be sent
to me for approval.  I will approve legit messages and send them back for
posting.  Spam will go to the bit bucket.

Unfortunately, if you post with a different address than the one you
subscribed with, I'll have to approve your posting initially.  However,
I'll add your alternate address to another approved-address file, so
eventually you will be able to post immediately with your alternate
address.  This system is not bullet-proof.  A determined spammer can easily
subscribe-post-unsubscribe.  But it should cut the spam way down (for
everyone but me).

Special thanks go to Jim Stephens for getting me thinking about how to
separate bounce reports from approval requests, which majordomo sends to
the same email account.  That had been the roadblock until now.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com