MRIE behavior in SPC-2 vs SSC

gop at us.ibm.com gop at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 7 08:47:53 PDT 1999

* gop at us.ibm.com
*
Rob,
I do not believe requiring the recovered error to occur on the 'next SCSI
command' is a behavior we want. It should state 'any command' as is the case in
the current SPC-2. The reason for this is that we will only report a 'recovered
error' on commands that the initiator would normally expect to see a 'recovered
error' (e.g., reads and writes) and that type of command may not be the 'next'
command.

The same problem is in the definition on MRIE=3 in SSC.

In general I am uneasy about the way these descriptions have changed (i.e.,
putting text in ( )) but not enough to make comments on.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept PPV  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-2880

relliott at hobbit.eng.hou.compaq.com (Robert Elliott) on 06/04/99 03:58:37 PM