SBP2 Calrifications

PJohansson at aol.com PJohansson at aol.com
Wed Jun 2 07:39:50 PDT 1999

* PJohansson at aol.com
*
In a message dated 99-06-02 03:58:15 EDT, nitins at mercury.noida.hclt.com
writes:

<<1. The Target writes the Status for the command ORB's at the status_FIFO
address specified in the login ORB.>>

<<Does it mean that for multiple command ORB's the status will be over
written at the status_FIFO address.>>

I sure hope not! That's why we call it a FIFO...

<<If this is not the case then do we need to implement the FIFO at the
Initiator for target to write the statuses.>>

Correct

<<In this case how does the address of FIFO updated.>>

Well, the EXTERNALLY visible address of the FIFO doesn't change. How your
implementation manages the incoming status blocks, preserving their order
relative to each other, is for you to solve.

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
98 Colorado Avenue
Berkeley, CA  94707