Determining the default compression algorithm and Mode Sense

David A. Peterson dap at nsg0.network.com
Tue Jun 1 13:46:16 PDT 1999

* "David A. Peterson" <dap at nsg0.network.com>
--------------D1E73BC636147AE4B9FFC391

Howdy All,
At the last SSC working group meeting it was decided to add a table
indicating which
compression code value to return for each Page Control field value
(current, changeable,
default, saved). In looking at the text in SPC-2 it is clear to me what
values should be
returned for each PC field value and specifically if a Mode Sense is
issued with the PC
field = default values a target should return the default compression
algorithm identifier
(if compression is supported). Additionally the following text is
already in the SSC document:
"When the DCE bit is one and a compression algorithm has not been
selected, the default
compression algorithm value shall be returned in the COMPRESSION
ALGORITHM field."

Correct me if I'm wrong or don't quite understand the issue,
but I believe adding a table is redundant and not necessary.
Comments?

--------------D1E73BC636147AE4B9FFC391

begin:vcard
n:Peterson;David