Status of ATAPI as a SCSI transport?

Jim_Hatfield at tecmar.com Jim_Hatfield at tecmar.com
Tue Jun 1 09:32:51 PDT 1999

* Jim_Hatfield at tecmar.com
*
To this question:
<<Why then does the ATAPI inquiry retun data violate the SCSI standard?>>

Gene Milligan writes:
> [...]

Even though SCSI-1 may not be a 'standard', there are still SCSI-1 drivers and
applications
in the field, and sometimes new devices are needed/expected to perform in these
legacy environments as replacements, when (for whatever reason) the software or
associated
system cannot be replaced or upgraded.

- Jim Hatfield
   Tecmar Technologies, Inc.