FC Tape Presentation of Media Auxiliary Memory

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Thu Jul 22 10:08:42 PDT 1999

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
<<As I mentioned, Dal suggested that having Read/Write Attribute commands
in SPC with the parameters defined per device type would be better than
using a log page and also would extend it's use to
media in a library rather than just devices.>>

     I counter proposed something like that for the Host Attributes
function that Gerry generated and was convinced by the engineers working
the issue that Gerry's method was preferred and involved less modification
of firmware.

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org