Spec issue on MSE leakage current in SPI-3

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Fri Apr 30 11:10:54 PDT 1999

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
At 4/30/99 01:08 PM, Paul Aloisi wrote (in part):

>The SCSI signals would be fine if we spec 20 micro amps up to 3 volts and 1
>mA up to 4.1 volts. I would not like to see the bus clamped, because some of
>the old active negation drivers drove over 4 volts.
>
>John - is the above statement OK or do you need higher current above 3
>volts?

Paul,

I suspect we would need a higher current as the output transistor
essentially becomes a forward biased diode as the signal voltage goes above
Vcc.

Fortunately (for me) Frank Gasparik is coming to the SPI-3 meeting next
week and he is much more familiar with the issue.  I think that this topic
should promote some rather lively discussion.

John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com