99-119 revision 4

Mark Evans Mark.Evans at quantum.com
Fri Apr 23 15:00:31 PDT 1999

* Mark Evans <Mark.Evans at quantum.com>
*
Hello,

I agree with Jeff William's comments about the error handling clause in our
proposal for Protection for the Asynchronous Information Phases.  I also
recall that we had agreed to have this say that the error handling for
protection errors would be the same as it is for parity errors.  This was an
oversight on my part (it is the last clause in the document, after all), so
I changed the clause to read simply, "Protection code errors shall be
handled exactly like parity errors during COMMAND, MESSAGE, or STATUS phases
as defined in the relevant subclauses on exception condition handling in
clause 11.1."

The new revision with this change is at
ftp://ftp.symbios.com/pub/standards/io/t10/document.99/99-119r4.pdf.

Please feel free to call or send an email to me if you have any additional
questions about this.

Regards,

Mark Evans
Quantum Corporation