Questions about SBP-2

Shuyou Chen chens at ti.com
Tue Apr 13 14:31:55 PDT 1999

* Shuyou Chen <chens at ti.com>
*
Hi,

I have several questions about SBP-2 spec.  Would you please give me
some detailed explanations for TRANSPORT FAILURE for sbp_status?  I
think it is redundant, since it is 1394 stuff.  When will it be used?

Another question for REQUEST COMPLETE for sbp_status:

When will it report "Function rejected" ?  Do we need to check
"function" field in the ORB in order to determine if the function values
are valid. When will it report "Request type not supported"? Do we need
to check "rq_fmt" filed in order to determine if it is valid?

Thnaks.

Shuyou Chen
Texas Instruments

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com