Obsolete mixed command and data, mixed data and response

Jeff Stai stai at Brocade.COM
Thu Nov 19 16:11:30 PST 1998

* Jeff Stai <stai at Brocade.COM>
*

hi,

The only benefits I can see to having more than one
IU in a Sequence are:

- You only use one SEQ_ID to send more than one IU,
thereby saving "precious SEQ_ID resources"...

- You can send more than one IU without resorting
to Sequence Streaming.

Downside:

- Any Sequence error whacks more than one IU.

- You can only send one IU of a category in a
Sequence.

The upsides don't seem all that great, and the downsides
seem kind of annoying. Please correct me if I missed
something!

Sounds like it could be worth removing from FC-FS,
or at least deprecating it, in the interest of
promoting "creeping simplicity".

Let's think about it, and maybe a few other things too?

thanks! jeff

jeff stai
BROCADE(R) communications systems inc.
15707 rockfield bl #215, irvine ca 92618
949-455-2908vm, 949-455-9287fx
stai at brocade.com  http://www.brocade.com/

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com