Obsolete mixed command and data, mixed data and response

Douglas Hagerman Douglas.Hagerman at digital.com
Wed Nov 18 07:46:44 PST 1998

* Douglas Hagerman <Douglas.Hagerman at digital.com>
*
I agree with Gene that the recent wholesale effort to eliminate
"obsolete" or "unused" functions from established standards is an
objectionable practise. For one thing, it puts yet another burden on all
users of the standards because now we need to keep track on a monthly
basis to make sure that something we're using doesn't disappear. For
another thing, the method used seems to have some of the flavor of a
fishing expedition. What if I'm using this and don't want to tell you?

Doug.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com