Obsolete mixed command and data, mixed data and response

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Tue Nov 17 09:41:27 PST 1998

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
<<At present, there are no implementations that allow combining the command
and data in a single IU>>

     With each of these proposals it puzzles me where you find the catalog
of all implementations. Beyond that for this proposal I am wondering about
the impact of obsoleting what I think is a key feature of packetized SPI.
While it may be, if your catalog remains accurate, OK for fibre channel per
se, will it create a problem for bridging packetized SCSI through fibre
channel?

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com