Draft minutes of T10 plenary meeting #29 - November 5, 1998

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Mon Nov 16 09:42:50 PST 1998

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
At 11/13/98 06:49 PM, Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com wrote:
>Is the secretary confident that his not in item 9.2 correct?

Rather than argue about the accuracy of the note, I've replaced the note
with a reference to the SPI-3 minutes.

><< John Lohmeyer stated his belief that NCITS prohibits using fee monies
>for capital purchases.>>
>
>     The minutes are correct in this statement but do not capture my
>statement that one of the other technical committees has indeed purchased
>equipment. (This was reported in their annual report to NCITS. NCITS did
>not object and the Chair of that technical committee is a member of NCITS.)
>The parenthetical statement was not made in the meeting and should not be a
>part of any revision to the minutes.

I must have been on the phone with NCITS (re EPI) when you made this
statement.  Monica Vago had told me at the Sept. NCITS meeting that in
order for TC's to do more that have an editor's fund, they had to have a
bonded treasurer -- I wonder if this other TC has a treasurer?  I've added,
"Gene Milligan stated that another TC has purchased equipment." to the
minutes.

><<John described the long-term NCITS goal of providing electronic services
>all their sub-committees.  However, T10 is too large to be an early
>beneficiary of such support.>>
>
>     Not a comment on the minutes but further information on this point.
>The size of T10 is not so much the issue as the number of documents. At the
>moment NCITS is not prepared to offer ftp no matter the size of the
>technical committee served. Documents must flow through a gatekeeper which
>accounts for offering web service but not being able to handle numerous
>documents.

Yes, you are right about ftp being the real issue.  Even though I didn't
say so at the meeting, I've modified the minutes slightly as follows,
"However, T10’s ftp needs are too large to be an early beneficiary of such
support."

Thanks for the comments!
John

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com