Draft Minutes of SPI-3 Working Group Meeting -- November 3, 1998

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Thu Nov 12 12:22:36 PST 1998

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
The minutes failed to capture my request that if a proposal is not provided
that  item 4.3 be removed from the SPI-3 agenda.

<< Louis and Paul agreed to develop a mutually
agreeable I-V curve for presentation at the next SPI-3 working group.>>

     That is interesting. I heard them agree to defer further discussion
until the next meeting. I did not hear them agree to agree.

Regarding 4.8: <<Gene Milligan asked if there is a schedule for the
development of SPI-3.  John
Lohmeyer reported that the project proposal for SPI-3 says that forwarding
NCITS will occur in May, 1999.  Gene suggested that the group consider
setting
a cutoff date for new proposals.>>

     The minutes are correct. But, I would like to point out the following
items from T10's policies and procedures:
     "It is the policy of X3T10 to: focus standards development within the
defined scope of X3T10; control the development schedule to achieve timely
publication; and to provide regular updates of adopted standards which need
enhancements to fuel advancements in the industry.

     The Chair will appoint  a project leader and a project editor for each
new project for which the Chair has authorized a study effort and/or for
which a project has been approved by X3. The project leader may or may not
be the project editor. The project leader shall be responsible for
providing a progress report including schedule adherence, key issues, and
corrective actions at each plenary."

     I request that the officers of T10 resume taking action to enforce
these aspects of the T10 policies and procedures.

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com