Brisbane_Fares

Dal Allan endlcom at ibm.net
Mon Nov 9 17:05:19 PST 1998

* "Dal Allan" <endlcom at ibm.net>
*
          Subject:  Brisbane 2000

Last week I received a couple of inquiries on ticket pricing etc to
Australia because we are headed down there at the peak of the holiday
season.

At www.ual.com I put in a few itineraries for December-January timeframe
next year. They varied around the same dates as I assumed would be used to
attend T10 the following year.

 - The most common price for an Economy seat from San Jose to Brisbane was
   $1615 inc taxes.
 - The lowest rate was $1,085 inc taxes and the highest was $2590 inc taxes.

The rate varied depending on dates and the routing choices:

     San Jose - Los Angeles   - Sydney   - Brisbane or
     San Jose - San Francisco - Sydney   - Brisbane or
     San Jose - Los Angeles   - Auckland - Brisbane.

There was also an E-ticket special of $806 inc taxes for SFO-SYD which gave
you a limited set of dates to travel on with departures the week after next
and return within two weeks. These would be no good for a planned departure
but it might be worth trying a week or so before departure, you might save a
bunch of coin.

A price of $1,615 for Economy to Australia is cheaper than a full Economy
ticket to Minneapolis or most anywhere on the East Coast from San Jose.

UAL does not offer inter-carrier routing so could not check the price to
Brisbane as that would be on Ansett.

All the best,

Dal
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com