Call_for_Speakers

Dal Allan Dal_Allan at mcimail.com
Tue May 26 10:25:12 PDT 1998

* "Dal Allan" <Dal_Allan at mcimail.com>
*
          To:  T10 at symbios.com
               T11 at fc.com
     Subject:  Speakers at Nikkei Conference

ENDL co-sponsors a conference with Nikkei Electronics (Nikkei is #1 in
Japanese publications) in September every year, and the next one will be
held at Nikkei Hall on Monday-Tuesday September 28-29.

Speakers can anticipate a large attentive audience (simultaneous translation
eliminates the language barrier). The auditorium occupies the 7th and 8th
floors of the Nikkei building which is convenient to Tokyo Station.

The auditorium is tiered, and it is an imposing site to look up at a room
full of faces. There are complete electronic facilities, and presentations
are VGA output from PowerPoint.

As the theme of this year's conference is SANs (Storage Area Networks), the
number of suitable subjects is very broad; cabling, management, topology,
capability, storage, etc. The primary problem will be avoiding duplication
of content, so choice of subject matter will be based on the order in which
speakers commit. The early birds get to choose their favorite subject.

We have two keynote speakers scheduled this year. Vic Mahadevan is VP of
Compaq's Enterprise Storage Division which is #1 worldwide in servers and
the other is a yet-to-be-named VP from Fujitsu.

Last year's audience was over 200, half of them were senior engineers and
middle to upper managers at OEMs. About a third was distributors and techies
|from the large user company staffs which stay on top of technology changes
(we would call them MIS here). These are the teams that introduce pilot
programs into their corporations, and work closely with distributors.

Nikkei is pretty much all of the trade press in Japan (there are several
papers and magazines in a publishing empire that has no equal in the U.S.).
Even magazines that we know as competitors over here are published by
Nikkei. Editors from many publications attended the conference and
interviewed several of the exhibitors and speakers.

There will be an Exhibitors Reception on Monday evening. Last year was the
first time one was held, and it was an outstanding success.

The translation is professionally done from Japanese-English as well as
English-Japanese so we are able to share the podium with local speakers.

If you would like to make a presentation, fill in below or contact me at:

         408-867-6630x777           250-1752 at mcimail.com

                  NIKKEI FALL CONFERENCE SIGNUP

Exhibitor at the Reception on Monday evening ___

Advertisement in the conference brochure     ___

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com