July 1998 T10 Meeting Information

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 20 10:37:19 PDT 1998

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com>
*
Please note that the Monday and Tuesday meetings have been shifted around
compared to previous meeting weeks.  Also, there is no MMC WG this time. --
John

                               July '98 Meeting Map
                                 (5/7/98 Version)

Monday 7/13        9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +================+======================+
                   +================+======================+===+
                   | Fibre Channel WG                          |      (40)

Tuesday 7/14       9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +===================================+
                   +===================================+
                   +================+==============+===+
                   |Fibre Channel WG|T10/T11 TapeWG|                  (40)
                   +----------------+==============+

Wednesday 7/15     9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +=======================================+
                   +===============+===============+=======+
                                   | SFF SSWGs     | SFF   |          (40)
                                   +---------------+-------+

Thursday 7/16      9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
                   +====================+----------------------+
                   +===============+==+------------+-----------+
                                   | STA Marcom    |                  (15)

                                   +---------------+
 (*) - SCSI Harbor meeting begins 30 minutes after T10 plenary
       but not before 2:00 pm

Friday 7/17    8   9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5
                 +---------------------------------+
                 | SCSI Trade Association (STA)    |                  (30)
                 +---------------------------------+

    Meetings marked with == are T10-authorized meetings.
    Meetings marked with -- are authorized by other groups and may change
    without notice.

Meeting        Date                Location / Contact
-------------  ------------------  --------------------------------------
SPI-3 WG       5/22 09:00-17:00    Chicago, IL / Gene Milligan
SPI-3 WG       6/19 09:00-17:00    Irvine, CA / Skip Jones
EPI Edit       6/12 09:00-14:00    St. Petersburg Beach / Chuck Brill
MMC-2 WG       6/9-10 09:00-17:00  Tustin, CA / SSI
MMC-2 WG       8/4-5 09:00-17:00   Longmont, CO / Philips

Meeting Map Abbreviation Key:
Amnd:        Amendment
CAM:         Common Access Method
CAM-3:       Next generation CAM for SCSI-3
Diskboys:    Industry group studying disk attachment via IEEE 1394
EPI:         SCSI Enhanced Parallel Interface (Technical Report)
Encl Profile Enclosure Profile Study Group
Fast-20:     Data Transfer at 20 Mega-transfers/second (a.k.a., Ultra)
Fast-40:     Data Transfer at 40 Mega-transfers/second (a.k.a., Ultra2)
FC:          Fibre Channel
FC-AL:       Fibre Channel - Arbitrated Loop (a T11 project)
FCLC:        Fibre Channel Loop Community (not an NCITS activity)
I/F:         Interface
Int'l SG:    International Activities Study Group
HAP:         High Availability Profile (Technical Report)
LB:          Letter Ballot
MMC:         SCSI-3 Multimedia Commands (CD-ROM)

PH:          Physical (Connectors, Cables, Transceivers, etc.)
Plenary:     Full Committee Meeting
RAID:        Redundant Array of Independent Devices
RBC:         Reduced Block Commands
SBC:         SCSI-3 Block Commands
SBP-2:       Serial Bus Protocol for IEEE 1394 (2nd generation)
SCC:         SCSI-3 Controller Commands (RAID)
SCSI:        Small Computer System Interface
SES:         SCSI Enclosure Services
SCSI Harbor: A STA project on defining a wrapper for SCSI devices
SFF:         SFF Industry Group (not an NCITS activity)
SFF ATA:     SFF ATA Cabling SSWG (not an NCITS activity)
SG:          Study Group
SMC:         SCSI-3 Medium Changer Commands
SPC:         SCSI-3 Primary Commands
SPI-2:       Second Generation SCSI Parallel Interface
SPI-3:       Third Generation SCSI Parallel Interface
SSA:         Serial Storage Interface
SSC:         SCSI-3 Stream Commands (includes Tape)
SSWGs:       Specific-Subject Working Groups
STA:         SCSI Trade Association (not an NCITS activity)
STA T:       STA Technical Meeting (T10 members invited)
STS:         SCSI Transport via SBP-2
T10:         Lower Level Interfaces Technical Committee
T10.1:       SSA Task Group of T10
VHDCI        Very High Density Cabled Interconnect
WG:          Working Group (same as Ad Hoc Group)

Meeting Announcement
NCITS Accredited Standards Committee Meetings (T10 and Friends)
JULY 13-17, 1998

HOSTED BY: Digital Equipment Corporation

LOCATION:
Holiday Inn By the Bay

88 Spring Street
Portland, ME 04101
Phone: (207) 775-2311
Fax: (207)
761-8224

ROOM RATE: $125.00/night includes tax

GROUP NAME: A.N.S.I. or X3T10 Standards Conference

CUT-OFF DATE: June 1, 1998

DRIVING DIRECTIONS: (These directions are valid as of December 1997, but a
new entrance to the airport is under construction. If this changes the
directions then an updated version will be supplied in advance of the
meeting.) From the Airport car rental area: Come out of the Airport and
follow signs for I295. At the end of the Airport Road take a left at the
lights. Still following signs leading to I295, soon you will see another
set of lights, take another left. Then get in the left lane and join I295
North.

Get off I295 at exit 6A - Forest Avenue. From the ramp make a tight right
onto State Street (Route 77, ONE WAY). Once on State Street get into left
lane. Follow State Street up over the hill, staying in the left lane, cross
over Congress Street. Continue on State Street, then turn left at Spring
Street. A landmark on right is Mercy Hospital.

Once on Spring Street, pass through the first light and Holiday Inn (white
11 story highrise) is on your right.

The hotel also has a free shuttle bus to and from the airport.

HOST CONTACT:	Doug Hagerman  (508) 841-2145
Internet:  douglas.hagerman at digital.com
Sheila Young  (508) 841-2003
Internet:  sheila.young at digital.com

John Lohmeyer                  Email: lohmeyer at ix.netcom.com
Symbios, Inc.                  Voice: +1-719-533-7560
Colo Spgs, CO 80907              BBS: +1-719-533-7950

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com