Deferred Errors

ROWEBER at acm.org ROWEBER at acm.org
Wed May 20 02:39:32 PDT 1998

* ROWEBER at acm.org
*
Regarding:

} I think "a deferred error" should replace the phrase "an error
} condition encountered afer command completion".  This is a well
} defined term that covers the case you want to describe and uses
} less words.

While I'm not disputing the idea that "deferred error" is a well
understood, common usage term in the storage community, "deferred
error" is not in the glossary of either SAM-2 or SPC-2.  Since normal
English usage probably would not be sufficient to define the term
for the purposes of a standard, I cannot accept the assertion that
"deferred error" is a well defined term.

I will note this area for discussion in July.  In the mean time,
you all might consider the wording of a glossary definition, it
probably will be superior to one I might write.

Thanks.

Ralph...
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com