Vendor for Multiple SCSI-SCA-2 based Chassis?

Gary Watson gary at trimm.co.uk
Wed May 13 09:44:23 PDT 1998

* Gary Watson <gary at trimm.co.uk>
*
Brian, I don't think Josef makes any system chassis, SCA or otherwise.
Like us, he found it hard to compete in the sub-$20 world of the server
case.  But long term, I think you are going to see a lot of these cases
incorporate the STA's Device Bay, which is basically a standardized
SCA canister and docking assembly.

We've seen most of our big OEMs go to SCA on their server cases,
and a popular approach is to have two different drive cages -- one
for normal fixed/cabled drive mounting; the other for SCA (nowadays
principly LVD Ultra2).  And some even use the 5.25" full high bricks
which accomodate 2 or 3 SCA drives on simple mounting rails, but
this approach, while extremely flexible, is fairly expensive.

--
Gary Watson                   Trimm Technologies, Ltd.
Engineering Manager           Nottingham England

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com