IEEE addressing

Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Mon Jun 8 13:16:42 PDT 1998

* Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
*
The FDDI MAC and FDDI MAC-2 standards go into agonizing detail on this
issue. I thought the IEEE office sends a sheet explaining this with the
address assignment. I also thought the T10 tutorial addressed this which
was provided to the IEEE office.

I have not checked carefully the issue you raised but understood it before
T10 called out IEEE addresses. My question is if T10 and perhaps T11 have
not accounted for the subtleties of the IEEE addressing have we irrevocably
contaminated IEEE addressing?

Gene

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com