SPI-3 (the forgotten issues)

George Penokie gop at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 28 13:43:17 PDT 1998

* George Penokie <gop at us.ibm.com>
*
In going through the minutes of the last three SPI-3 working groups I appears
that a few issues seems to have disappeared without getting a resolution. They
are:

Reducing the stub length from 10 cm to 5 cm or 6 cm except for devices that
contain non-disabled terminators.  (from the 6/19/98 meeting)

Restricting, in some way, system configurations that use multi-mode
terminators. (from 6/19/98 meeting)

The question of whether pad bytes should be reserved (i.e. zero) or ignored
(i.e. vendor specific). (from 6/19/89 meeting)

I do not want the above issues to stay lost but there needs to be a resolution
to them before they can be put into SPI-3.

Bye for now,
George Penokie

Dept EGB  114-2 N212
E-Mail:    gop at us.ibm.com
Internal:  553-5208
External: 507-253-5208   FAX: 507-253-5208
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com