One Q !

Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
Mon Dec 28 06:36:44 PST 1998

* Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
*

SBP-2 does.  There are fields in the command packet, built by the host
system, which specifies the maximum data packet size.  The host is
required to set this size to a value no bigger than the maximum transfer
size allowed by the 1394 links over which the command and data are
transferred.  The host can determine this by understanding the topology
of the system and building a speed map or using the one build by the
bus manager.

An interesting issue arises when bridges are involved.  I haven't been
able to track this activity as closely as I would like but, at the last
time
I checked, this was an issue.  One simple solution is to always limit
the maximum packet size to 512 bytes which would work on any links.

Steve Finch
Silicon Systems Inc.
A Division of Texas Instruments.

vasu at teil.soft.net (Vasudev Mulchandani) on 12/28/98 09:57:49 AM