Fwd: Porno junk

Jonathan Taylor jon.taylor at mediagate.com
Tue Dec 8 11:12:40 PST 1998

* Jonathan Taylor <jon.taylor at mediagate.com>
*
I have zero tolerance for anything with the words "zero tolerance" in it. ;-)

Seriously though...

I'm still on this mailing list mostly for nostalgic purposes; I haven't been
actively involved with SCSI or storage since 1994.

Since that time, I have started a company that builds an Email server product
for ISP's.  Our company actively participates in anti-SPAM activism, works with
anti-spam technology vendors, has developed it's own own anti-spam technology,
and has worked with both the State of California and Congress to review
language for anti-spam legal bills.  Our company was also one of the founding
participants of the Software.com spam roundtable.

And after all that, I've come to one conclusion: There is *nothing* that can be
done to prevent all spam.

I'm not a lawyer, but I will say this: If you don't forward these messages on
to your colleagues, it's not "sexual harassment".  If your company interprets
you *receiving* these messages as sexual harassment (of yourself, I suppose),
they better get a line of credit with the lawyers, because anyone who gets
fired for receiving such messages has an amazing wrongful termination lawsuit
they could file, and almost certainly win.

Again, in summary:  It sounds like John is doing all he can to address the
problem; SPAM *cannot* be entirely stopped;
please, just *delete* the messages for now; and lets get back to the real
business at hand.

Sincerely,

-Jonathan R. Taylor
-Chief Technology Officer