Question: Deferred Sense reporting priority

Terry L. Spear terrys at breakthrough.com
Thu Apr 23 16:20:24 PDT 1998

* "Terry L. Spear" <terrys at breakthrough.com>
*
Does anyone know of a reference in the standards that addresses this
implementation issue:

When implementing a target device that supports Deferred Sense, an
algorithm must be chosen that fixes a priority scheme as to the order in
which the following "conditions", if simultaneously present, are reported
to the initiator by a target: Contingent Allegiance, Unit Attention(s), and
Deferred Sense.

While I believe the proper reporting priority is:
	Contingent Allegiance, Deferred Sense, Unit Attention(s)

I have yet to find a clear statement to this fact in any SCSI-3 standards
doc.

What have other implementors done?

Terry.

Terry L. Spear(terrys at breakthrough.com)	Breakthrough Systems Inc.
303-661-0355					12400 Arapahoe Road
303-661-9707 (fax)				Lafayette, CO  80026
SCSI Target Firmware, Test Suites, Host Drivers, Applications
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com