Does TST == 001b break initiator software?

PJohansson PJohansson at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 13:10:25 PST 1998

* PJohansson <PJohansson at aol.com>
*
In a message dated 98-04-03 15:52:00 EST, larryc at maxstrat.com writes:

<<Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't multi-initiator (which includes multi-
pathing to the same LUN WWN) support for the basic queuing model off limits
(i.e., NOT supported). If this is true then I would agree that Abort Task Set
and Clear Task Set could be treated the same when TST equals 001b.>>

No, basic task management as accepted in 96-198r4 is silent on multiple
initiator support---hence it is permitted. Within SBP-2 it has never been the
intent to bar such implementations.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.