Clarification of Web Distribution of Standards (Draft or Approved)

PJohansson at aol.com PJohansson at aol.com
Sat Sep 6 09:54:51 PDT 1997

* PJohansson at aol.com
*
In a message dated 97-09-06 05:59:18 EDT, John.Lohmeyer at Symbios.COM (John
Lohmeyer) writes:

<<Permission is granted to members of NCITS, its technical committees, and
their associated task groups to reproduce this document for the purposes of
NCITS standardization activities without further permission, provided this
notice is included.  All other rights are reserved. Any commercial or
for-profit reproduction is strictly prohibited.>>

John, I believe this language accurately describes the dissemination of the
documents at present---without passwords. SBP-2 and most of the draft
standards have carried this notice since the first day they saw print and I
believe that it is adequate.

When I have distributed copies of the draft standards to individuals it has
been for the purpose of eliciting comment that would in turn advance work on
the draft. If that is not within the domain of "standardization activities",
what is?

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.
3998 Whittle Avenue