SBP-2 Questions.

Jake Berzon jake_berzon at el.nec.com
Tue Oct 14 10:54:56 PDT 1997

* Jake Berzon <jake_berzon at el.nec.com>
*
Folks,

I have been looking through the SBP-2 drafts in search of answers for several
questions that were presented to me.  So far I have had no luck.  Do these
questions make sense?  If so, where do I find the answers?

1. Is a page table only good for the first packet of the page?
2. If so, how much more hardware is required for a small performance?
3. What are the pros and cons of the trade off?

I was told that the SBP-2 would be used for scatter-gather purpose only.
4. Do they possibly mean that all ORBs will only specify unrestricted page
   table addressing?

5. Does the SBP-2 standard address the cache table requirements somewhere?

Thanks,
Jake

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com