RBC FORMAT command

Mike N Bryan Mike_N_Bryan at notes.seagate.com
Thu Nov 13 09:16:08 PST 1997

* Mike N Bryan <Mike_N_Bryan at notes.seagate.com>
*
The following mail was part of a sequence between Ben Chang
and me. I hate to say it, but I agree that we probably need to add
the Format command to RBC. However, I intend to restrict its
functionality as I've done in the past. I will incorporate the command
 in the next rev if I don't hear objections.

Also, Ben is correct, very little information exists to indicate that
SMART is required. Since we had to retrive the 3Eh mode page,
should we also restore the SMART enable bit?

Mike Bryan

---------------------- Forwarded by Mike N Bryan on 11/13/97 09:08 AM

ben at corp.cirrus.com (Ben Chang) on 11/07/97 11:54:11 AM