Locked in cache question

Brent Skinner skinner at kodak.com
Wed May 7 14:49:37 PDT 1997

* skinner at kodak.com (Brent Skinner)
*
Fellow Scsi's,

I am attempting to figure out what error to return when a host has
previously locked data into the cache and later attempts to perform
a READ command with FUA set to '1' for the same LBA. Would this
be considered a write protect situation (ASC/ASCQ of 27/00)...or
a data protect sense key of 7...or some other error?

"You learn all of your life...and die as a fool." -- Old Russian saying.
Brent Skinner                  |   / /      | Eastman Kodak Company
<skinner at kodak.com>            |  / /       | Optical Storage Products
                               | / /        | 460 Buffalo Road
The Eastman Kodak Company      |( (  Kodak  | Rochester, NY 14652-3846
doesn't know what I've written | \ \        |
here, probably doesn't WANT to |  \ \       | Voice: 716-588-0389
know and would, most likely,   |   \ \      | Fax:   716-588-5578
disagree with me anyway.       -----  ------
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com