Draft Minutes of SCSI Working Group Meeting - 3/11-12/97

John Lohmeyer John.Lohmeyer at symbios.com
Thu Mar 20 13:07:19 PST 1997

* John Lohmeyer <John.Lohmeyer at Symbios.com>
*
At 12:26 AM 3/20/97, Gene Milligan wrote:
>> It was agreed that, if the concept introduced by Gary Stephens is
needed, it
>can be added to >the mode page defined by Gerry Houlder in his proposal (see
>6.1 above).
>
> I doubt if this was an agreement. It was a statement. But in any case
>Houlder's proposal has been completed and accepted. So even if it could have
>been, it wasn't, and it can not be now added.
>
> For the purpose of correcting the minutes, perhaps "can be" should be
changed
>to "could be". But in any case Gerry declined to add it in the meeting which
>should be added to the minutes if the statement about what could have been
but
>will not be is not deleted.

I changed this item as follows:

"The group agreed to drop this item from future agendas.  It was agreed
that, if the concept introduced by Gary Stephens is needed, a good home for
it would be the mode page defined by Gerry Houlder in his proposal (see 6.1
above). It was not however added at this time.  If the issue needs further
attention, a new agenda item will be introduced."

>>Examples of host software that implements SCAM were presented.
>
> If this means commercial end user application available software I thought
>that they were alleged as opposed to identified which I presume correlates
>presented. But it may have been a problem with my hearing. Perhaps the
minutes
>could be specific as to which software was presented. Certainly Jim McGrath
>strongly reported that he was aware of implimentors that would be upset if
SCAM
>were not available. I don't recall him identifying any or identifying any
>software. Of course he may not be free to identify them and I only
intended to
>question the aspect of the minutes that states that host software was
presented.

I changed this sentence as follows:

"Ed Gardner reported that his PC implements SCAM and Jim McGrath claimed
that some implementers would be upset if SCAM were not available."

John

John Lohmeyer                 E-Mail: john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.             Voice: 719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.              Fax: 719-533-7036
Colo Spgs, CO 80907-3444    SCSI BBS: 719-533-7950 300--28800 baud

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com