SBP-2: Cycle Mark Index and Create Stream ORB

Stephen Finch/SSI1 Stephen_Finch/SSI1.SSI1 at notes-gw.tus.ssi1.com
Mon Jun 30 08:26:21 PDT 1997

* Stephen Finch/SSI1 <Stephen_Finch/SSI1.SSI1 at notes-gw.tus.ssi1.com>
*
If I have a device that can optionally record Cycle Mark Indices, how does the
host control whether I do or not?

I think this must be a parameter (bit) in the Create Stream ORB.  If this bit
is set to a value you can support and everything else in the command is
acceptable to you, you accept the open.  If you can't tolerate the requested
mode you reject the open with a Illegal Request in the resp field, and a
Request Type not supported (or do we need some new code) in the
sbp_error field.

other thoughts?

steve finch

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com