qpc field of CIP in SBP-2

Rob Lash rlash at QNTM.COM
Thu Jun 26 09:47:56 PDT 1997

* Rob Lash <rlash at qntm.com>
*
<Stephen_Finch/SSI1.SSI1 at notes-gw.tus.ssi1.com> asks:

> I think I understand the purpose of qpc.  My question is:
>
> Are the quadlets that are logically added to the application-dependent
> data block to make it equal to the value obtained by multiplying dbs by
> the value of 2 raised to the fn actually sent on in the isoc packet?
>
> Okay everyone, does anyone out there understand my question?

Steve,

The padding quadlets are transmitted in the isochronous packet which
contains the last source-packet-data-block (2^fn)-1

There is a helpful note in the SBP-2 rev 2d draft following Figure 65
illustrating how this source-packet-data-block may be located.

Cheers,
Rob

  Rob Lash
  Sr. Firmware Engineer                  email: rlash at qntm.com
  Advanced Development                   voice: 408.894.4228
  Quantum Corporation                    fax:   408.894.5653
  500 McCarthy Blvd
  Milpitas, CA 95035                     http://www.quantum.com
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com