SBP-2, Terminology and my constant confusion

Stephen Finch/SSI1 Stephen_Finch/SSI1.SSI1 at notes-gw.tus.ssi1.com
Wed Jun 25 06:14:04 PDT 1997

* Stephen Finch/SSI1 <Stephen_Finch/SSI1.SSI1 at notes-gw.tus.ssi1.com>
*
I'd agree to John's suggestion TOO.

Shall we change BOTH:

 "stream command block" to "stream data command block"
AND
 "stream control block" to "stream flow control block".

With enough words, there is no confusion in the world....

Isn't this how lawyers got started?

steve

John Fuller wrote:

I would actually prefer to change "stream control block" to "stream flow
control block" as I believe it adds clarity in that this queue controls
the flow of data.  On the other hand inserting the word "data" into
"stream command block" does not seem to add anything to the description
other than to make it different from "stream control block."

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com