SCSI-3 Conundrum

Edward A. Gardner gardner at acm.org
Mon Jun 2 10:42:12 PDT 1997

* "Edward A. Gardner" <gardner at acm.org>
*
Gene Milligan wrote:
> It seems to me there are two obvious alternatives to this conundrum:
>
>  a) Rename NCITS 301-199X (e.g. SCSI-3 Overhead Commands (SOC)) and
change
> references to it accordingly.
>
>  b) Change the acronym of step pules per cylinder to (SPPC).

Actually, to avoid confusion we should do both.  Rename step pulses per
cylinder to free up that acronym for the future (perhaps avoiding using any
acronym whatsoever for that field or term).  And label SPC as Obsolete,
allowing it to be re-used in SCSI-4.  I like the name SCSI-3 Overhead
Commands, it has an aesthetic ring to it.

Edward A. Gardner               gardner at acm.org
Ophidian Designs                719 593-8866 voice
1262 Hofstead Terrace           719 593-8989 fax
Colorado Springs, CO  80907

(it's Monday :-)

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com