Log Parameters for Reallocated Blocks (SBC)

Gerry Houlder Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com
Tue Jul 29 14:52:24 PDT 1997

* Gerry Houlder <Gerry_Houlder at notes.seagate.com>
*
My interpretation of parameter code 2 is the number of blocks reallocated
during execution of
FORMAT command. Parameter code 3 is "all reassignments". A block can be
reallocated
via a REASSIGN BLOCKS command or automatically when certain types of errors are
encountered. The reallocation technique for these types may be different than
the
technique used during a FORMAT command. The different parameters allow a user
to tell
the difference between the two types.

----------original message follows
What is the difference between parameter codes 2h and 3h on Log page 8?

Log page 8 = Format Status page
Parameter code 2 = Total blocks reallocated during format
Parameter code 3 = Total new blocks reallocated

The description (same in SBC revision 2 and 8b) does not define Total New
Blocks Reallocated, but the description given for Total Blocks Reallocated
During Format is what I  think should be "New".

Is anybody using these paramaters?

Hugh Curley
hcurley at indra.com
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com