SBP-2: Async Logout with active stream

PJohansson at aol.com PJohansson at aol.com
Mon Jul 21 14:36:52 PDT 1997

* PJohansson at aol.com
*
In a message dated 97-07-07 20:05:44 EDT, Stephen_Finch at notes.ssi1.com
writes:

<<b)  kill the isoc stream(s) at the same time as the async connection.
 :-)>>

That was the original intention. John Fuller's observation that we might want
to reconsider (in light of DVCR's and other AV/C-like devices) is only partly
right.

Let's discuss this on Tuesday, July 22. I maintain that an AV/C-like device
that provides other mechanisms (like PCR's) to control and parameterize the
isochronous data flow needs ONLY an asynchronous login, not just an
isochronous login by itself.

Regards,

Peter Johansson

Congruent Software, Inc.