FW: One task set per LUN

Jeff Williams JWILLIAM at wdroc.wdc.com
Mon Feb 10 14:30:00 PST 1997

* Jeff Williams <JWILLIAM at wdroc.wdc.com>
*

The committee directed that port references be removed.  This
change should have removed the clause, "on all ports".  I
think we have effectively removed one of the items that was
crucial to the SCSI-3 queueing model since this statement was
the basis for mailing down the rules for simple, ordered, HOQ
and multiple initiators.  It allowed us to say that there was
one queue and all IOPs were treated within a single queue.

Now what do we do?

Regards,
Jeff

Jeffrey L. Williams                    Office: (507) 286-7589
Western Digital Rochester                 Fax: (507) 286-7528
Enterprise Storage Group       e-mail: jwilliam at wdroc.wdc.com