Once again with list -- Looking for all FC product info

Mike Fitzpatrick Mike_Fitzpatrick at notes.seagate.com
Tue Feb 4 15:46:04 PST 1997

* Mike Fitzpatrick <Mike_Fitzpatrick at notes.seagate.com>
*
Sorry for a duplication in EMails.  The list I memtion below is included this
time.  Thanks.
I am trying to collect information about all Fibre Channel related products
that will be coming out during 1997.  Below is a list of some of the categories
and companies that have FC related products that are either shipping are will
be shipping soon.

To this end, I am asking each of you to look at the list below and  if you
products are not listed below then please contact me directly with the
appropriate information.

Basically what I am looking for is the type of product, the category that it
would fall under, a contact name, a contact number and approximately date of
production.

Collectively, this information is important to convince several potential
users/customers of Fibre Channel, that FC represents a complete infrastructure.

I can be reached at:

Phone   (405) 324-3478
FAX      (405) 324-3794
EMail    Mike_Fitzpatrick @ notes.seagate.com

Remember, please send the information directly to me and not out on the
reflector.

Thanks,

Mike Fitzpatrick
Chairman, Fibre Channel Loop Community

 Fibre Channel Controller Boards:
 Adaptec
 AMI
 Mylex/BusLogic
 DPT
 Emulex
 Genroco
 Interphase
 Jaycor
 QLogic
 Raidtec Corp.
 Symbios
 Systran Corp

 NL-Port Chip & ASIC Cores (Arbitrated Loop Protocol Chips):
 Adaptec
 Hewlett-Packard
 LSI Logic
 Silicon Systems
 Symbios
 QLogic
 VLSI Technology

 Development Tools for Fibre Channel:
 Crossroads Systems
         (formerly Infinity CommStor)

 Transceiver Chips & Cores:
 AMCC
 Fujitsu CSD
 Hewlett-Packard
 National Semi
 Texas Instruments
 Vitesse Semi
 Lucent
 Tri-Quint

 CMOS Transceiver Chips & Cores:
 LSI Logic

 Optical Transceivers:
 Finisar
 Hewlett Packard
    1x9 VCSEL
    DB-9 Connector
  Methode Electornics

 PBC (Port Bypass Circuits) Chips:
 Motorola
 Vitesse Semi

 Giga Bit Link Module Media Converters:
 Copper - Twinax GLM
 Hewlett Packard
 Methode Electornics
 National Semi.
 Gore
    CuGLM
     DB-9 MIA&MIAPIGTAIL
 Vixel
    HSSDC-GBIC

 Shortwave Optical GLM:
 Fujikura America
 Hewlett-Packard
 Methode Electronics
 National Semi
 Vixel
    Non-OFC GLM
    Non-OFC GBIC

 Longwave Optical GLM:
 Methode Electronics
 National Semi
 Vixel

 Multi-Channel Parallel Like Modules:
 Vixel

 Equalizer:
 Muratta-Erie

 Intelligent LAN I/O Server Accelerator Solutions:
 Xpoint Technologies

 Hard Disk Drives:
 Fujitsu
 Quantum
 Seagate
 Western Digital

 Solid State Disk:
 MRT micro GmbH

 Tape Drives:
 Philips Laser Magnetic

 Tape Libraries:
 Philips Laser Magnetic

 Cable Assemblies:
 AMP (copper)
 AMP (optical)
 Fujikura America
 Gore (copper)
 Gore (optical)
 Madison Cable
 Methode Electronics
 Methode Electronics
 Volex
 Meritec
 Montrose
 Muratta-Erie

 Twinaxial Cable Assemblies:
 AMP
 Fijikura America
 Gore
 Madison Cable
 Methode Electornics
 Volex
 Montrose

 Connectors:
 AMP
 Fujikura America
 Molex
 Amphenol
 Berg
 Hirose

 Fibre Channel Backpanel & Cabinet Vendors:
 AMP
 Box Hill Systems
 CLARiiON
 GENROCO
 MagaDrive
 PTI
 Raidtec
 Trimm Industries
 Unisys
 Cray Research
 Mupac Corp
 Sigma Information
 Storage Path

 Hubs:
 Emulex
 Gadzoox
 Jaycor
 Raidtec
 Vixel
 Vitesse
 Available Interconnect
 Lextel

 FC Raid Subsystems:
 Box Hill Systems
 Ciprico
 CLARiiON
 Raidtec
 Symbios

 FC Non-Raid Subsystems:
 Box Hill Systems
 Parity Systems
 Raidtec
 Symbios

 Fibre Channel Fabric Switch:
 Ancor Communications
 Computer Network Tech
 Jaycor
 Raidtec
 Brocade

 Testers:
 Ancot
 Finisar
 I-TECH
 Xyratex
 Solution Technology

 Simulation & Analytical Analysis:
 AMP
 Ophidian Design

 Training:
 Ancot
 ENDL
 Fibre Channel Group
 Solution Technology

 Publications:
 Ancot  --  Fibre Channel Vol. 1: The Basics, a summary of  the principles by
Gary Stephens and Jan Dedek
 ENDL --  Fibre Channel Bench Reference, an Engineering and  Programming
Handbook by Jeff Stai
 McGraw Hill --  Fibre Channel - Gigabit Communication  Handbook, principles of
operation by Alan Benner

* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com