Terminate I/O Process Message - SCSI 2/3 differences

Tony Cappellini tcappell at QNTM.COM
Mon Oct 28 16:57:06 PST 1996

* tcappell at qntm.com (Tony Cappellini)
*

     According to SCSI2, when the Terminate I/O Process message is received
     by the target, it shall return 00/06/06 when request sense is issued.

     In SCSI 3 (X3T10995D rev b, May 1996), ASC 06 has been redefined to
     "No reference position found", and I do not see any other codes for
     I/O process terminated.

     Does anybody know how SCSI 3 is supposed to handle Message 0x11 ?

     Tony Cappellini

     Quantum Corporation
     Milpitas, CA
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com