SCAM on LDV (round 2)

Skip Jones sk_jones at qlc.com
Fri Oct 25 10:45:20 PDT 1996

* "Skip Jones" <sk_jones at qlc.com>
*
John,

'Which' agenda will you add this topic to?  I will not be attending Palm
Springs until late afternoon Wednesday.  I'm sending someone else (Tom Jones -
No!  Not the damn singer!) and I want to ensure he is there for all of Monday
and 'maybe' Tuesday depending on what topics will be discussed Tuesday.

Thanks!

Skip Jones

PS:  By the way, the topics George and others have been bringing up may be real
or not, but I promise you they do relect some of the concerns/perceptions of a
lot of people out there.  I appreciate that Symbios is doing what they can do
to redefine and further segment the market since you guys are about a 6 months
early with LVD (I'd do the same in your shoes!).  But, I see some hesitation,
sometimes based on fear of change, sometimes as a result of confusion, and in
many cases based on hard cold facts.  We are all doing LVD and by this time
next year we all plan for LVD to be a significant portion of product shipped
(albeit not always 'used').  So, it behoofs all of us to surface all of these
issues as quickly as possible, real or not, and address these issues either by
education, standards modifications, technical reports, or engineering design.
This SCAM topic is a perfect example.  It may seem like a non-issue to Symbios,
but if its not intuitive to Mr. Penokie how its a non-issue, and knowledgeable
folks like him are asking these questions, then surely you would agree that
there are a whole lot more people out there that are wondering the same and
even more about LVD?  If respected members of our own little T10 committee have
questions and concerns, imagine the level of questions, concerns, and confusion
emitting from the rest of the much larger industry!!  Just a thought.