LVD SCSI (start round 2)

Walter Bridgewater x2371 wally at eng.adaptec.com
Fri Oct 18 13:51:18 PDT 1996

* wally at eng.adaptec.com (Walter Bridgewater x2371)
*

I would like to add 1 more thing about scsi cable configurations
that maybe hasn't been given much thought.

Mixing 16 & 8 bit LVD SCSI devices on the same bus will probably
also cause the bus not to work.  The capacitance matching is very
tight in the spec and what will happen to the matching if people
start mixing 8 & 16 bit devices on the same bus?

We should also tell people not to do this, even though it was
allowed for Ultra SCSI.

Regards,

Wally
* 'info scsi' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at symbios.com