SCSI Expansion Rom

w_wong at emulex.com w_wong at emulex.com
Tue Oct 8 17:25:00 PDT 1996

* <w_wong at emulex.com>
*

Hi, SCSI Expansion Rom Expert,

I just signed in SCSI reflector recently. I have one question.  I know that
there is a translation of INT 13 function calls to SCSI commands for SCSI
Expansion Rom.  I read one book, it said that INT 13 function call (5h, 6h
and 7h) Format comands should not be implemented for SCSI Expansion Rom. If
this is the case, how the DOS Format Command formating  the SCSI drive which
attached to the SCSI contoller that has an  Expansion Rom?

Thank you in advance.

Windson Wong
(714) 513-8119
Emulex Corp Network Systems.