FW: Liaison with IEEE P1596.8

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Mon Oct 7 11:44:00 PDT 1996

* Gene Milligan <Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com>
*
Regarding Ken's questions below:

 I only have the project proposal as an information source and so I do not have
really
have definitive information to answer your questions but will take a stab at it.

 It is proposed to encompass both and p1394.2 is described as an SCI like
interface. In fact I guess the project would apply to all SCI like interfaces.

 I don't know about the technology but the phrase "an upgrade from ... 1394
...  and ...  SCI" is used.

 It is one project.

 I don't think you are confused, just a victim of sparse information.

Gene