FCP_LUN

Mike Jacobson mikej at hpbs2094.boi.hp.com
Wed May 15 15:23:13 PDT 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* Mike Jacobson <mikej at hpbs2094.boi.hp.com>
*

Section 7.1.1 of FCP rev 012 states:

  "Each SCSI FCP target shall accept an INQUIRY command to the logical
  unit addressed by the FCP_LUN zero (0000 0000 0000 0000 hexadecimal)."

  etc...

  "The structure of the FCP_LUN field is not specified by the FCP.  The
  structure is specified by the SCSI device model and may be vendor
  unique for device models that do not have a defined address
  structure."

After a quick search through the various device model documents (SPC,
SBC, SCC, etc) it appears that only SCC defines a structure for FCP_LUN.

Is this correct or have I missed something somewhere?

If this is true, can I draw the conclusion that there is no standard way
to address non-zero FCP LUN's other than through an SCC device model?

Is there a non-standard yet commonly supported (i.e. defacto) way to
address non-zero FCP LUN's for other device models?

Thanks

Mike Jacobson
Hewlett-Packard
mikej at boi.hp.com