XOR commands

Chris Burns chrisb at maxstrat.com
Thu May 2 15:28:26 PDT 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* Chris Burns <chrisb at maxstrat.com>

Chris Burns                Tel: (408) 383-1600
Maximum Strategy, Inc.     Fax: (408) 383-1616
801 Buckeye Court        Email: chrisb at maxstrat.com
Milpitas, CA. 95035        URL: http://www.maxstrat.com/

I have a question regarding the XOR commands for SCSI/FC drives
The document I have that describes these commands is X3T10/94-111r9
There are certain features that would enhance performance in a RAID
environment. Specifically, if there were a bit to indicate during
an XDWRITE command that the subsequent XPWRITE data sent to the
parity drive is written to disk or NOT, this would not limit RAID5
stripe writes to the write performance of the parity drive.
Is there anyone involved with this committee that could propose this
change ?
There are other concerns regarding performance also, but this seems
to be the overriding one.