Minutes, June MMC Wroking Group

RKROBERTS at aol.com RKROBERTS at aol.com
Thu Jun 27 13:01:17 PDT 1996


* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* RKROBERTS at aol.com
*
Accredited Standards Committee*
X3, Information Processing Systems
Doc. No.   X3T10/96193R0.doc
Date:	     June 22, 1996
Project:     X3T10-1048D
Ref. Doc.:  X3T10/94-057
Reply to:   R. Roberts

To:	Membership of X3T10
From:	R. Reisch/R. Roberts
Subject:	Minutes of X3T10 MMC  Working Group - June 17,18,19, 1996 

Agenda
1.0 	Opening Remarks
2.0 	Introductions
3.0 	Document Distribution
4.0	Call for Patents
5.0	Approval of Agenda
6.0 	Meeting Agenda
	6.1  Review Kodak comments to Rev 7.0
	6.2  Review Ricoh comments to Rev 7.0
	6.3  Review HP comments to Rev 7.0
	6.4  New Format Command
	6.5  Review HP comments in Rev 7.0B
	6.6  Review Rev 6 to Rev 7 changes
	6.7  ASC/ASCQ & Opcode listings
7.0	New Business
8.0	Review of Action Items
9.0	Future Meeting Schedule
10.0	Adjournment
Minutes
1.0 	Opening Remarks
R. Roberts called the meeting to order at 9:30 AM on Monday 6/17/96.
He thanked Western Digital for hosting the meetings. Ron asked Mr. 
Rob Reisch of Kodak to act as recording secretary for the meetings.
2.0 	Introductions
Introductions of attendees were made and a sign-up sheet was distributed. 
List of attendees is attached.
3.0 	Document Distribution
Revision 7.0. both hard copies and electronic copies of the document were 
distributed to attendees. Copies of submitted comments were also distributed.
4.0	Call for Patents
The normal request for patent disclosures was made. No patents were
identified.
5.0	Approval of Agenda
The agenda was reviewed and item 6.3A, “Other changes to MMC”, was added.
6.0	Meeting Agenda
6.1  Review Rob Reisch and Rick Bohn (Kodak) comments to Rev 7.0
Reviewed all submitted comments and incorporated those accepted into Rev
7.0E.
6.2  Review Hirokuni Hashimoto and Ichiro Moritomo (Ricoh) comments to Rev
7.0
Reviewed all submitted comments and incorporated those accepted into Rev
7.0E.
6.3  Review Yamaha comments,  Masahiko Morizumi (Yamaha).
Reviewed comments submitted on 6/13/96 by M. Murata by e-mail and made
requested
changes in Rev 7.0E.
6.3A  Other changes to MMC were included in the normal review of those
sections and 
sub-clauses.
6.4  New Format Command
Reviewed the Format Unit command. Bill McFerrin volunteered to submit a
proposal
that will modify the SBC, Format Unit command for use in MMC. Ron Roberts to
post
Bill s proposal on the MMC, Symbios FTP site.
6.5  Review HP comments and modifications to Rev 7.0, Rob Sims (HP)
The group reviewed and agreed to Rob Sims s (H.P.) Modifications to MMC. The
following issues were raised during the review:
-- Removal of the WRITE CD and WRITE CD MSF command. A straw pole vote to 
remove these commands was taken. Vote to remove passed: (10 for /0 against /
2 
abstained)
-- The proposal to remove the Repair Track command and incorporate the
functionality 
into an automatic repair was made. Neil Sugie(Mitsumi/Alpha Peripherals)
distributed
his proposal for an automatic track repair. After much discussion Rob Sims
agreed to 
post a detailed proposal on the MMC reflector as soon as possible. Item was
 tabled and will be placed on the July agenda.
-- Ron Roberts(Apple) requested that the definition for the data returned
|from the Track 
Information command be expanded. For example, track mode is the track control
 nibble.
-- New formulas for free blocks and available track space were added to
section  6.2.8.
-- Rob volunteered to add CD-E rules for the write command and post proposal
as soon 
as possible.
6.6  Review Rev 6 to Rev 7 changes...  Removed from session.
6.7  ASC/ASCQ & Opcode listings...  Moved to July meetings.
7.0	New Business -  No new business
8.0	Review of Action Items
--- 1. R. Roberts to present straw poll results to plenary.
--- 2. R. Roberts to incorporate changes into REV 7.0F for distribution on
6/26 
--- 3. Rob Sims to e-mail the latest version of MMC, rev 7E to Ron 6/25.
--- 4. Items to be added to meeting agenda for July.
	- Automatic repair
	- Format Unit command
	- ASC/ASCR
	- Review of MMC rev 7F.
9.0	Future Meeting Schedule 
The July meetings will be in Colorado Springs, CO July 16 & 17, 1996, hosted
by Symbios.
10.0	Adjournment
The meeting adjourned at 2:00 PM on June 19th.

For changes or additions to the minutes contact:
*****************************************************************
Ron Roberts     SIERRA-Pac Technology
PO Box 2389   Shingle Springs, CA  95682
Ph  916-677-5714        Fax  916-677-1218
e-mail:   rkroberts at aol.com
*****************************************************************
 JUNE ATTENDANCE LIST
 Name 		        Organization	                           Email Address
Mr. Ron Roberts 	        Apple Computer  	 rkroberts at aol.com
Mr. Robert Reisch 	        Eastman Kodak Co. 	 reisch at kodak.com
Mr. J. R. Sims 	        Hewlett Packard Co. 	 robsims at depeche.lvld.hp.com
Mr. Jeff Kishida	        JVC	
                                75022.3003 at compuserve.com
Mr. Neil Sugie  	        Mitsumi	                 n_sugie at alphap.com
Dr. Akira James Miura     Panasonic Technologies, Inc
 miura at tadw.research.panasonic.com
Mr. Bill McFerrin  	        Philips KMG 	                 bmcferrin at aol.com 
Mr. Ichiro Moritomo 	        RICOH 	
                ichiro at shinyoko.ricoh.co.jp
Mr. Mike Yokoyama	        Sony	                 masayuki at cppc.sel.sony.com
Mr. Tatsuya Inokuchi       Sony	                 tatsuya at strg.sony.co.jp
Mr. Jonathan L. Hanmann Western Digital Corporation   hanmann_j at a1.wdc.com 
Mr. Masa Morizumi 	        Yamaha Systems Technology mmorizumi at yamaha.com

12 People Present






More information about the T10 mailing list