Final notice -- July '96 X3T10 Meetings in Colorado Springs

Lohmeyer, John JLOHMEYE at cossymwest.co.symbios.com
Tue Jun 11 10:27:00 PDT 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* "Lohmeyer, John" <JLOHMEYE at COSSYMWEST.CO.SYMBIOS.COM>
*

Okay, fellow procrastinators, it is time to make those hotel reservations
for July.  The CUTOFF DATE is JUNE 15TH!  After June 15th, you might get
in if space is available, possibly at a MUCH higher price.

Here is the meeting notice and meeting map for July 15-19, 1996:

                           Meeting Announcement
                  Accredited Standards Committee Meetings
                            (X3T10 and friends)

                             JULY 15-19, 1996

HOSTED BY:   Symbios Logic Inc.

LOCATION:    Red Lion Hotel
             1775 E. Cheyenne Mountain Blvd.
             Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906
             Phone: (719) 576-8900  Fax: (719) 576-4450

ROOM RATE:   $98.00 + tax (single)  $103.00 + tax (double)

GROUP NAME:  X3T10

CUT-OFF DATE:     June 15, 1996  This is prime season for Colorado
Springs!
                  If you are not sure, make a reservation then cancel it
                  if you cannot attend.

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:

The Red Lion Hotel is located on the South side of Colorado Springs at
I-25
(exit 138) and Circle Drive.  A courtesy van is available from the
Colorado
Springs airport; call the hotel from the courtesy phone in baggage claim.

>From the Colorado Springs airport, exit the airport (on Drennan Rd.) and
proceed West (toward the Mountains) to Academy Blvd.  Turn left onto
Academy Blvd. and proceed to I-25. Take I-25 North to the first exit
(Circle Dr. exit 138).  Turn left onto Circle.  Then take the SECOND left
onto Cheyenne Mountain Blvd.

If you elect to drive from the Denver International Airport (airfares are
generally MUCH higher to Denver), exit the airport on Pena Blvd. and take
I-
70 West (about 2 miles) to I-225 South.  Follow I-225 South around Denver
(about 12 miles) to I-25.  Follow I-25 South about 62 miles to Circle Dr.
(exit 138).  Turn right, then immediately left onto Cheyenne Mountain
Blvd.

Weather:  Expect sunny warm days with cool evenings.  A light jacket is a
good idea if you plan to go up into the mountains.

HOST CONTACT:John Lohmeyer (719-533-7560)
                  internet: John.lohmeyer at symbios.com

                      July `96 Meeting Map
                         (6/11/96 Version)

Monday 7/15    8   9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +===========================================+
                   | SPI-2/EPI Working Group                   |
     (35)
                 +-+===============================+===========+
                 | DMTF Mass Storage WG            |
                 (20)
                 +---------------------+-----------+-------+
                                       | Serial Issues     |
         (20)
                                       +-------------------+

Tuesday 7/16       9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +===========================================+
                   | SCSI-3 WG                                 |
     (40)
                   +===================================+=======+
                   | MMC WG                            |
             (20)
                   +===============+===============+===+
                   | SCC/RAB WG    | RAB (at DEC)  |
                 (20)
                   +===============+---------------+
                   | CAM-3 WG      |                                  (5)
                 +-+===============+---------------+
                 | DMTF Mass Storage WG            |
                 (20)
                 +---------------------------------+

Wednesday 7/17     9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +===============================+-------+
                   | SCSI-3 WG                     |STATech|
         (40)
                   +===============================+---+---+
                   | MMC Working Group                 |
             (20)
                   +===================================+
                   | SFF SSWGs                         |
             (40)
                   +-----------------------------------+-----------+
                   | RAB (at Digital)                              |
 (20)

Thursday 7/18      9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
                   +---------------+
                   |  SFF          |
                                 (40)
                   +---------------+===========================+
                                   | X3T10 Plenary Meeting     |
     (70)
                   +===============+===========================+
                   |  SSC/SMC WG   |
                                 (10)
                 +-+===============+---------------+
                 | STA                             |
                 (30)
                 +---------------------------------+

Friday 7/19    8   9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5

               +=======================+
               | SPC Review            |
                             (15)
               +=======================+

    Meetings marked with == are X3T10-authorized meetings.
    Meetings marked with -- are authorized by other groups and
    may change without notice.

Meeting Map Abbreviation Key:
CAM:              Common Access Method
CAM-3:            Next generation CAM for SCSI-3
EPI:              SCSI Enhanced Parallel Interface (Technical Report)
DMTF              Desktop Management Task Force (not an X3 activity)
Fast-20:          Synchronous Data Transfer at 20 Megatransfers/second
FC-AL:            Fibre Channel - Arbitrated Loop (an X3T11 project)
FCLC:             Fibre Channel Loop Community (not an X3 activity)
I/F:              Interface
High Avail.:      High Availability
LB:               Letter Ballot
MMC:              SCSI-3 Multimedia Commands (CD-ROM)
PH:               Physical (Connectors, Cables, Transceivers, etc.)
Plenary:          Full Committee Meeting
RAB:              RAID Advisory Board (not an X3 activity)
RAID:             Redundant Array of Independent Devices
SBC:              SCSI-3 Block Commands
SBP:              SCSI-3 Serial Bus Protocol
SCC:              SCSI-3 Controller Commands (RAID)
SCSI:             Small Computer System Interface
SPC:              SCSI-3 Primary Commands
STA:              SCSI Trade Association (not an X3 activity)
STATech:          STA Technical Meeting (joint meeting with X3T10)
SFF:              SFF Industry Group (not an X3 activity)
SG:               Study Group
SMC:              SCSI-3 Medium Changer Commands
SPI-2:            Second Generation SCSI-3 Parallel Interface
SSA:              Serial Storage Interface
SSC:              SCSI-3 Stream Commands (includes Tape)
SSWGs:            Specific-Subject Working Groups
VHDCI             Very High Density Cabled Interconnect
WG:               Working Group (same as Ad Hoc Group)
X3T10:            Lower Level Interfaces Technical Committee
X3T10.1:          SSA Task Group of X3T10

John Lohmeyer                 E-Mail: john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.             Voice: 719-533-7560
4420 ArrowsWest Dr.              Fax: 719-533-7036
Colo Spgs, CO 80907-3444    SCSI BBS: 719-533-7950 300--14400 baud