misprint in SPI rev. 15a

John Lohmeyer - SCSI jlohmeye at Symbios.COM
Fri Jan 19 16:03:51 PST 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:

Gerry Houlder wrote:
 ----------
>There is a misprint in SPI rev. 15a.
>
>On page 34, section 10.4.1, item f): The 2nd sentence reads "It shall
change
>any signals  ..". When comparing this to section 10.3.1 item f), it should
>read
>"It shall not change any signals ..".
>
>The addition of the word "not" is a substantial change in meaning for this
>sentence. Can we get this fixed before SPI is published? Should an errata
be
>published for this?

No, we are not allowed to make substantive changes during publication.  We
will have to use an amendment (Errata cannot contain substantive changes).

Last week at the X3T10 meeting, we forwarded a project proposal to create an
amendment for SPI to fix minor technical problems in Annexes B and D.
Unfortunately, we may need to revise the project proposal to make this
change.

I need to check this further...

John

John Lohmeyer             E-Mail:  john.lohmeyer at symbios.com
Symbios Logic Inc.         Voice:  719-573-3362
1635 Aeroplaza Dr.           Fax:  719-573-3037
Colo Spgs, CO 80916     SCSI BBS:  719-574-0424 300--14400 baud