Preliminary version of ESI Proposal, revision 2

Bob Snively Bob.Snively at Eng.Sun.COM
Thu Feb 8 10:05:55 PST 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* Bob.Snively at Eng.Sun.COM (Bob Snively)
*

I have placed this document on the ftp server:

	playground.sun.com

login as anonymous and provide your e-mail address as your password.

The file is in the directory:

	pub/ESI

The file name is:

	95-324-2.ps

and is about 309440 bytes long.

This document will be used as the base document of the meeting to be
held on February 16, 1996, at the Sheraton San Jose, 1801 Barber Lane,
Milpitas, CA, 94035.  Norm Harris of Adaptec is the meeting host.
The document is a total rewrite of the previous revision, so should be
reviewed most thoughtfully.  The last section asks some questions and
explores some issues which may be worth a little special attention.

I have tried to faithfully incorporate the beneficial work of the
SAF-TE organization, together with those improvements that the
participants in the SAF-TE design effort have suggested.  In addition,
I have picked up the SFF-8045 and SFF-8067 capabilities.

Bob Snively				         Phone:	   (415) 786-6694
Sun Microsystems Computer Company	         FAX:	   (415) 568-9603
Mail Stop UMPK 12-204
2550 Garcia Avenue			   	 E-mail:   bob.snively at sun.com
Mountain View, CA 94043-1100