Ultra SCSI Support List

Jim McGrath jmcgrath at QNTM.COM
Fri Feb 2 15:20:01 PST 1996

* From the SCSI Reflector, posted by:
* "Jim McGrath" <jmcgrath at qntm.com>
*
                      Subject:                              Time:  3:42 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         Ultra SCSI Support List               Date:  2/2/96

Below is an updated list of Ultra SCSI supported by various companies.
I have divided the products supported into the following categories:

Bus Analyzers/Development Systems
Cables/Connectors - unclear we want to include this, since our message is
     Ultra does not need new cables/connectors.  Probably this is best to
     classify this as SUPPORTING Ultra.
CD-ROMs (type, e.g. recordable - nothing implies read only)
Differential transceivers
Enclosures
HDDs
Host adaptor silicon
Host adaptors
Host systems (system type, e.g. PCs)
RAID Controllers
Subsystems
Tapes (media type, e.g. DLT, 8 mm)
Target controller silicon
Technology - technical endorsement, no products yet
Terminators
WORMs

Note that I added development systems to the bus analyzers
category.  I have also added a RAID controller category.  Any
host adaptor manufacturer who feels that their products are
better classified as a RAID controller, please contact me.
I will continue to update the list as I get more information.
Please feel free to send me updates/corrections.  While
sending me a message containing detailed product information
is welcome, the formally posted list will simply classify
products by category so as to avoid the "commercial" aspect
John Lohmeyer mentioned.  This data will be offered to the
STA as well for dissemination in its Public Relations activities
(press releases, trade shows) - if you do not wish such
dissemination, then please inform me (I assume by default
that, this information being public in nature, the STA can use
company names and product categories to promote Ultra SCSI).

Adaptec - target controller silicon, host adaptor silicon, host adaptors
Advanced Storage Concepts - host adaptors
Amphenol - cables/connectors
Burr-Brown - terminators
BusLogic - host adaptor silicon, host adaptors
Ciprico - subsystems (RAID)
CMD - host adaptors
Conner - HDDs
Dallas Semiconductor - terminators
DPT - host adaptors
Fujitsu - HDDs
FWB - host adaptors, subsystems
HP - HDDs
IBM - HDDs
Linfinity Microelectronics - terminators
Micon - host systems (PCs)
Micropolis - HDDs, subsystems
Mylex - RAID controllers
Q Logic - target controller silicon, host adaptor silicon, host adaptors
Quantum - HDDs, tapes (DLT)
Seagate - HDDs
Storage Concepts - ??? (type of product was not supplied)
Symbios Logic - target controller silicon, host adaptor silicon,
     host adaptors, subsystems
System Connection - cables/connectors
TI - terminators, differential transceivers
Trimm - enclosures
Unisys - enclosures
Unitrobe - terminators
Verisys - bus analyzers
Volex - cables/connectors
WD - HDDs, target controller silicon, host adaptor silicon, host adaptors

Finally, for those interested in the newly formed SCSI Trade
Association (STA), please contact Joe Molina at 507-931-0967.

FYI: the previous revision of this document was just distributed at the
Adaptec Developers conference.